Just Another Day

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Four Days and Counting

Until vacation! Only four more days and I won't be worried about such trifles as repair jobs that crews keep putting off, unhappy customers, job costing, staring at our dwindling checking account since there is a lull in construction and most of all the *&^%%$%^$ phones that I have to answer.

In four days I will be living in my bathing suit with a margarita not far from my hand with either my feet in the sand or in a lounge chair at the pool. I'll be dividing my time between watching the kids play in the sand and water and reading my stash of Marian Keyes novels that I've been dying to start. And if I finish those I have several others waiting patiently in the wings.

A friend & I are braving camping at the beach with four kids for the week. Now, before you start having heart palpitations and thinking that I'm roughing it-I'm not. Their camper has a/c, small stove, bathroom, fridge etc. Never fear there will be a plug for our blender and coffee pot.

(Just so you know I enjoy roughing it while camping but only in the Fall, Winter or early Spring. Otherwise it's too damn hot to enjoy it. That and with someone else who enjoys the cooking aspect of it.)

This will also be my first "vacation" in a long time that I will not be running all over the place. It will be relaxing and non-productive. Last year's vacation to Myrtle Beach would have been that had it been just my boys & I-No X. His constant need to go-go-go is something I don't miss. The boys and I are already planning next years trip to MB-I offered saving for Disney or somewhere else but they want to go back to Myrtle Beach. They're their momma's beach babies.




I'm also leaving the trusty always by my side laptop at home too. It's just one more way for me to check in at work and not veg out with my friend and the kids. Besides if anything happens in the world that I must surely know about I'll still have my cell phone.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Enjoy every minute of it, M!
    Sounds heavenly.
    xo,
    SS

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home