Just Another Day

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hmmmmm....

I haven't spoken or text messaged with DB since December 26th. No, I'm not keeping track I just know it was the day after Christmas. He's been on vacation, I've had kids at work with me, and I've been out with pneumonia for almost a week now. I have also been making a concious decision that he can chase me. I know it sounds bad but I'm working on not being the chaser. I realized I needed to change how I did some things when it came to men since I have such a "great" track record.

As I sit at home tonight on doctor's ordered 'bedrest' feeling restless and lonely and starting to have my own special pity party; my cell phone suddenly rings. It's a text message..As I start to retrieve it I am quietly hoping it's DB but am not holding my breath. (I affectionately refer to him as my favorite commitophobe or puppet master.) It could be my BF who has been on a suicide watch since the Boys lost on Saturday or it could be my brother, the local idiot, who leaves me stupid text messages regarding vegetables and sausage..As it opens my heart sings! It IS DB!! He is hoping I feel better etc..I'm smiling again!! He still thinks of me!

I have missed our long conversations and his sense of humor among other things. I miss him.

And for those who know me so well and worry about me falling head over heels without another rational thought on the subject please don't fear. I'm not falling-Just cautiously floating for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home