Just Another Day

Friday, November 03, 2006

My lunch date/thing/whatever:

For those who know me well you know what an introvert I really truly am. My personal is personal and I am painfully shy and way to sensitive. The invention of the internet (Who was it that invented the internet anyways? Al Gore? =0P ) is the most wonderful thing-I get human contact without having to put myself out there in person.

So today I had lunch with a really nice guy that I've known for seven years and have mildly flirted with via the telephone for years. (Another great invention!) I was all nerves til I walked in and sat down. Nervous enough to dream of a ciggie for about a millisecond. But thankfully he isn't a smoker either or that would have been all she wrote. It was a nice lunch, there weren't any weird gaps in conversation-We've got too much in common for that-And we'll get together again. Another cool thing is he has his daughter the same weekend I have the boys so we have the same 'kid free' weekends. (Did I mention that the daughter is older-Which means no younger kid baggage like before?) Who knows. Could stay friends could go elsewhere, doesn't bother me either way. He's a really nice guy and here's the key word. Normal. No DUIs, doesn't live with his mother, doesn't rely on his mother for income, owns his own house..Scary isn't it?

Enough babbling for now..I'm off to overanalyze some more! LOL!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home