Just Another Day

Monday, November 27, 2006

Christmas is in the air

Every year I start getting that itch around Turkey Day to start dragging out the decorations, lights and ornaments. The past 3 years we've done an artificial tree but now that I've shaken the dead weight (aka the X) the boys and I have gone back to our tradition of a real tree. I went and picked out the fattest tallest Frasier Fir that I could find. My Living Room smells delicious thanks to that beautimous tree. I cannot wait to string the lights tonight and look at all of our ornaments. Most are made by the boys-Wouldn't have it any other way. It is always a sentimental trip when I start decorating the tree.

My 2nd Annual trek to Garden Ridge went off without a hitch as well. We had a nice day after Turkey Dinner with a couple Disgruntled Elves. (Note-You must try this drink! It is definitely a cup full of cheer!! I will post the recipe.) We cruised through the entire store (no kids) and I drooled over the yard decorations that I cannot have this year. Maybe next year the yard will be done. I did rather well considering they were having their Midnight Madness sale-I loaded up on more decorations, candles etc without going over budget. In fact I think I was under my 'allotted amount'!

I even have made a major dent in shopping for the boys-Including Brain's birthday which is just around the corner. Heck I usually don't get this far ahead in November. I have a feeling this is going to be a great holiday season around our house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home